Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What Your Child's Food Cravings are Telling You



Photo: local.com 
Everyone has food cravings. Some crave salt, others sugar. I personally am not one who binges on  ice cream, chocolate or sweets, but I usually will crave cream soups, tart or sour tasting foods and bread when I am anxious, stressed or bored.

Until I began to study holistic nutrition, I never thought much about my cravings or whether they meant something. I just fed them, which is not necessarily the best way to deal with them from a health perspective. Now I understand that those cravings occur because my body is, nutritionally speaking, out of balance. Cravings are my body's way of telling me what it is that I really need for nourishment.

I have noticed that many of the students I work with develop cravings as well. Food cravings in children can give us valuable clues into what nutrients their bodies need. It is especially important to take note of cravings in children on medication, with chronic illnesses or medical conditions. According to holistic nutrition science, each craving is associated with a specific deficiency in a particular organ/system of the body. By understanding what system the cravings are associated with, we can use that information as a guide for better meal and snack planning for your child & your family...




[This article, and other nutrition related posts, have been moved 
to our FoodLogique Blog. Please use the link to continue reading.]

Contact: 
bodylogique@yahoo.com



.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!