Monday, August 27, 2012

Stretching the Limits

Photo: "Outer Space" Wallpaper
by CiCaTr1z on deviantART.com
This week, many are mourning the loss of a man who was an inspiration  in the realm of space exploration. Neil Armstrong helped stretch our imaginations and made an entire country believe that anything was possible.

I remember being four and a half years old, watching the broadcast with my mother, and seeing the dream-like images coming through our TV. My brother was only a month old, and I was barely old enough to understand the significance of the event, yet I knew by the look of intensity on my mother's face as she held my baby brother that something important was going on.

I'm not sure if those images or the feeling of awe had anything to do with it, but I have always been fascinated with science: the stars, the planets, the moon, and the question of, "What's out there?". My intrinsic motivation has always been driven by a desire to discover the answers to all of the questions I ask myself.

"While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves. " ~Statement from The Armstrong Family


 "...be willing to explore and push the limits.."

As an educator, I think that everyday we commit to that cause greater than ourselves by guiding children through their imaginations; by encouraging them to ask their questions (be it to themselves or out loud); and by nurturing a curiosity & willingness to explore and stretch their limits to find the answers. I believe that these are truly a few of the greatest gifts in life, and the most valuable skills that anyone - young or old-can have.

Thank you Neil.


  Star & Space Inspired Yoga Activities for Kids- by BodyLogique      

Coming Soon:

Star Quest S.M.Art Story™  Yoga-Based Curriculum


Contact: barbara@bodylogique.com




.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!